Friday, December 20, 2013

An Interesting Find

So I was YouTube, you know, just doing my thang (that sounded cooler in my head), when I stumbled upon a very interesting video.

(video above ^)

If for some reason you are unable to watch the video, I'll tell you what it's about. It starts off with a girl that looks to be 12-13 years old lying on her bed while talking in Portuguese on her iPad/iPod/iPhone (I'm not really sure what it is). She begins to explain in Portuguese about something that has to do with Bratz and Brazil. At the end of the video, it shows a link to 'www.bratitude.com.br' 

Me being me, I decided to visit the website and see what it's about (if anyone was wondering, the only working link I found to it is THIS). The website let me to this page:

Another video. I watched that one too. The video started off with 'Call Me Maybe' by Carly Rae Jepsen. A whole bunch of girls who seemed to be 12+ were in a line posing, and they were all wearing black t-shirts with the Bratz logo (?). I was really confused at this point, especially when all these girls were getting their hair and makeup done, strutting on a catwalk in front of a large crowd and judges, getting their pictures taken all while Call Me Maybe was playing in the background. 

I was even more confused now, so I done a little research. It turns out that in mid-2012, there was a large competition happening in Brazil. The competition was to find the real life Jade, Yasmin, Sasha and Cloe to star in the 'Bratz Catz' commercial. 


(commercial above with the winners of the competition)

With a little help from Google Translate, here is what I found:

"Which Bratz do you most identify with? Why do you have attitude? These two questions were answered by more than 18,000 girls between 6 and 14 years in the contest Bratitude. Now, four of them will be stars of the business and fashion editorials from Bratz. See how it went:

First Stage: Over 15,000 girls posted their videos and photos on the site www.bratitude.com.br. The people who received the highest number of likes were among the first 50 classified. There were more than 118 thousand likes on Facebook. The girls were successful. 

Second Stage: Thirty-six dressing rooms were installed in different Brazilian cities and more girls might show because they have attitude and deserve to win. Here, over 50 girls were chosen by a committee of judges. Now, the team was complete.

Third Stage: The committee chose among the 100 classified. 20 girls participated in the grand final.

Fourth Stage: The Grand Final. A parade in Sao Paulo marked the last stage of Bratitude. With live coverage by social networks, four girls were chosen to represent Cloe, Jade, Sasha and Yasmin."

I know this is really late as it happened last year, but when I first found out I was pretty shocked to be honest. It seemed so cool to me, and I hope they do this in other countries too.

What are your opinions? Did you enjoy this post or not? Comment below! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment